Pilates Classes York near Woodthorpe for Beginners
Ben now focuses on 1-1 Pilates lessons in his Studio near Heworth
Call Ben on 01904 501533 for more information & a free consultation
The History of Pilates
A lot of individuals want to sample Pilates but regularly ask me ‘What is Pilates exactly?’ It’s creator – Joseph Pilates – was originally born in Germany in 1880, the son of a gymnast and naturopath. Joseph quickly became very interested in fitness from a very early age, learning about many forms of fitness as a young man including Body-Building, Zen, Yoga and Gymnastics and he also posed for anatomy charts when he was a teenager.
Joseph Pilates then moved to England in 1912 working as a Boxer and for Scotland Yard in the form of a self defence trainer. Still living in England when the First World War erupted, Pilates was sent to a Prisoner of War Camp on the Isle of Man due to being German. This is where his unique methods were born. Joseph Pilates had time on his hands to develop his revolutionary methodologies during his internment, he spent his days developing a system of physical exercises and training his fellow inmates in the method which he named “Contrology”.
It is sometimes claimed so many who became injured or ill survived in the camp with Joseph Pilates because of their good physical shape, thanks to Joseph Pilates and following his Pilates Method. After the war Joseph Pilates moved back to Germany and collaborated with experts in Dance and Physical Exercise but he didn’t stay in Germany long as he refused to train members of the German Army, instead he emigrated to the USA. On the outbound journey he met Clara, who would be his future wife and help assist him in developing his method further. On their arrival in New York, Joe and Clara set up a studio to teach his methods that today are known as Pilates.
What are the advantages of Pilates?
Pilates is a style of distinctive and specific exercises developed by world famous fitness guru Joseph Pilates, with many health & fitness benefits. Pilates Classes in York are:
- Gentle and very low impact
- Focuses on deep inner core muscle tissue
- Uses strength as well as resistance
- Emphasises core strength and stability
- Smooth and controlled
- Suitable for any fitness (or unfitness!) level
Is a Pilates Class the answer you’re searching for ?
Pilates is the workout for the 21st century that can help all of us relax, tone and master our fitness with no risk of injury. Created in the early 20th century by Joseph Pilates as a way of rehabilitating hurt soldiers and dancers, it has become the central method of training for millions of individuals (particularly professional dancers), and thousands of celebrities around the globe. It will help you build a foundation of well-being and physical fitness that amplifies all of the fitness activity you do giving you a toned core, and decreasing the risk of injury.
“Pilates classes in York will help you to be lean and slender”
If you are looking for group Pilates classes York can have many different choices and it can be confusing to understand where to begin. It’s often hard to say exactly what ‘kind’ of class you will be attending if there isn’t a description on the leaflet or website advertising it. If you haven’t done Pilates classes York before, check that it’s a beginner Pilates class as the level of the classes can vary considerably.
Pilates Classes York Benefits:
- A great deal of toning exercises
- Enhance core strength
- Good for toning and shape
- Reduce back & joint pain
- Relaxation and stress management
- Enhances your alignment
Pilates is predicated around 6 crucial principles:
- Centering – Bringing focus towards the center of the body, centering our thoughts, feeling and emotions to cultivate awareness of the way our body is moving.
- Concentration – Focusing on the quality of every individual movement, remaining in the present and being conscious of the overall movements your body is generating.
- Control – Each exercise is carried out with complete muscle control, controlling every part of the body with centering and concentration.
- Precision – Growing the precision of the movements helps by utilizing centering, concentration and control – helping with the fine control over core muscles, and ability to resist injuries when doing other sports and pursuits.
- Breathing – Joseph Pilates emphasized using constant breathing patterns in the exercises. Using the lungs to inhale ‘laterally’ allowing the pelvic and core muscle groups to engage correctly when we move. Breathing is essential to Pilates.
- Flow – Flowing smooth actions, with precision and grace are the essence of Pilates, building up control and precision not only in individual movements but through the exercise session.
Are Pilates Classes suitable for back pain ?
Lots of people ask me about ‘pilates exercises for back pain’. Pilates is wonderful for reducing and getting rid of lower back pain, giving you a gentle and injury free way of training and increasing your core conditioning. Pilates is ideal if you suffer from lower back pain, back pain or sciatica pain like signs and symptoms.
Pilates Classes York for back pain benefits:
- Relaxes tight muscles
- reduces sciatica like discomfort
- manages and resolves lower back pain
- can help solve neck and shoulder pain
Claim your Special Offer Today
Pilates is suitable for toning, fitness, weight-loss* and back-pain help
10x1 hour lessons including a food diary for just £350 Plus bring a friend for free for all 10 sessions! Saving up to £130
Call Ben today on 01904 501533 or complete the form to claim this offer.
Complete this form to grab your offer
Pilates Classes in York – Call Ben now to book in on 01904 501533.