Pilates in York near near Tang Hall
Pilates Classes are a fantastic way to tone, shape and improve your core strength while learning how to avoid injury and look fabulous.
The History of Pilates
A lot of people want to sample Pilates but often ask me ‘What is Pilates?’ It’s creator – Joseph Pilates – was born in Germany in 1880, the son of a gymnast and naturopath. Joseph quickly became very interested in health from an early age, learning about many types of fitness as a adolescent including Body-Building, Zen, Yoga and Gymnastics and he also posed for anatomy charts when he was a teenager.
Joseph Pilates then moved to England in 1912 working as a Boxer and for Scotland Yard in the form of a self defence trainer. Still living in England when the First World War erupted, Pilates was sent to a Prisoner of War Camp on the Isle of Man due to being German. This is where his unique methods were born. Joeseph Pilates had time on his hands to develop his revolutionary methodologies during his internment, he spent his days developing a system of physical exercises and training his fellow inmates in the method which he named “Contrology”.
It is sometimes claimed so many who became injured or ill survived in the camp with Joseph Pilates because of their good physical shape, thanks to Joseph Pilates and following his Method. After the war Joseph Pilates moved back to Germany and collaborated with experts in Dance and Physical Exercise but he didn’t stay in Germany long as he refused to train members of the German Army, instead he emigrated to the USA. On the outbound journey he met Clara, who would be his future wife and help assist him in developing his method further. On their arrival in New York, Joe and Clara set up a studio to teach his methods that today are known as Pilates.
Pilates Classes York near Tang Hall – Call Ben today to book in on 01904 501533
What are the benefits of doing a Pilates Classes York course ?
Pilates is a style of unique and specific exercises developed by world renowned fitness expert Joseph Pilates, with numerous health & fitness advantages. Pilates Classes York is:
- Gentle and low impact
- Targets deep inner core muscles
- Uses strength and resistance
- Emphasises core strength and stability
- Flowing and controlled
- Appropriate for any kind of fitness (or unfitness!) level
“Pilates is appropriate for Men and Women”
Pilates Classes York Advantages:
- Lots of toning routines
- Improve core strength
- Good for toning and shape
- Relieve back & joint pain
- Relaxation and stress management
- Enhances your posture
Pilates is based around 6 key principles:
- Centering – Bringing focus towards the center of your body, centering our thoughts, feeling and emotions to develop awareness of the way in which our body is moving.
- Concentration – Concentrating on the quality of each individual movement, staying in the present and being aware of the overall movements our body is generating.
- Control – Each movement is carried out with complete muscle control, controlling all of the body with centering as well as concentration.
- Precision – Growing the precision of the movements helps by using centering, concentration and control – assisting in the fine control over core muscles, and ability to resist injuries when doing other sports and activities.
- Breathing – Joseph Pilates emphasized using consistent breathing patterns in his exercises. Utilizing the lungs to inhale ‘laterally’ enabling the pelvic and core muscle groups to engage properly when we move. Breathing is integral to Pilates.
- Flow – Flowing smooth movements, with precision and grace are definitely the essence of Pilates, increasing control and precision not only in single movements but throughout the exercise session.
Pilates Classes York for lower back pain
Many people ask me about ‘pilates exercises for back pain’. Pilates is fantastic for reducing and eliminating lower back pain, giving you a soft and injury free method of training and increasing your core strength. Pilates is perfect if you suffer from lumbar pain, back pain or sciatica like symptoms.
Pilates Classes York for lower back pain benefits:
- Relax tight muscles
- decreases sciatica like pain
- manages and resolves low back pain
- reduces neck and shoulder pain
- Because this is a beginner Pilates course, it is also considered ‘back pilates’ and is suitable if you suffer from a bad back.
Fill in this form to claim your Pilates special offer
Claim your Special Offer Today
Pilates is suitable for toning, fitness, weight-loss* and back-pain help
10x1 hour lessons including a food diary for just £350 Plus bring a friend for free for all 10 sessions! Saving up to £130
Call Ben today on 01904 501533 or complete the form to claim this offer.
Complete this form to grab your offer
Pilates Classes York near Tang Hall – Call Ben today to book in on 01904 501533.