1-1 Pilates Classes near Wheldrake for Beginners
Ben now focuses on 1-1 Pilates lessons in his Studio near Heworth
Call Ben on 01904 501533 for more information & a free consultation
Have you previously felt fatigued, flabby or less attractive than you’d want to be? Getting fit when we’re busy and tired is a huge challenge and many people struggle to get over the demands of their work and personal lives, ending up overweight and unsatisfied. Pilates can help!
The Background of Joseph Pilates
A lot of people want to sample Pilates but regularly ask me ‘What is Pilates?’ It’s founder – Joseph Pilates – was born in Germany in 1880, he was the son of a gymnast and naturopath. Joseph quickly became very interested in health from an early age, studying many forms of fitness as a adolescent including Body-Building, Zen, Yoga and Gymnastics and in addition he also posed for anatomy charts when he was a young man.
Joseph Pilates then moved to England in 1912 working as a Boxer and for Scotland Yard in the form of a self defence trainer. Still living in England when the First World War erupted, Pilates was sent to a Prisoner of War Camp on the Isle of Man due to being German. This is where his unique methods were born. Joeseph Pilates had time on his hands to develop his revolutionary methodologies during his internment, he spent his days developing a system of physical exercises and training his fellow inmates in the method which he named “Contrology”.
It is sometimes claimed so many who became injured or ill survived in the camp with Joseph Pilates because of their good physical shape, thanks to Joseph Pilates and following his Method. After the war Joseph Pilates moved back to Germany and collaborated with experts in Dance and Physical Exercise but he didn’t stay in Germany long as he refused to train members of the German Army, instead he emmigrated to the USA. On the outbound journey he met Clara, who would be his future wife and help assist him in developing his method further. On their arrival in New York, Joe and Clara set up a studio to teach his methods that today are known as Pilates.
What are the advantages of doing a Pilates Classes in York?
Pilates is a style of distinctive and exact exercises developed by world renowned fitness expert Joseph Pilates, with numerous health & fitness benefits. Pilates Classes York is:
- Moderate and very low impact
- Focuses on deep inner core muscles
- Uses strength and resistance
- Emphasises core strength and balance
- Smooth and controlled
- Appropriate for any fitness level
Is a Pilates Classes York the answer you’re searching for ?
Pilates is the exercise for the 21st century that can help us relax, sculpt and master our fitness without risk of injury. Created in the early 20th century by Joseph Pilates as a way of rehabilitating injured soldiers and dancers, it has grown to be the focal method of training for millions of individuals (particularly professional ballet dancers), and thousands of celebrities around the world. It will help you build a foundation of well-being and physical fitness that amplifies all of the other fitness activity you do giving you a toned core, and reducing the risk of injury.
“Pilates classes York will help you to be lean and slender”
If you are looking for group Pilates classes York can have many various choices and it could be confusing to understand where to start. It’s often hard to say exactly what ‘kind’ of class you’ll be attending if there isn’t a description on the leaflet or website advertising them. If you haven’t done Pilates classes York before, check that it’s a beginner Pilates class as the level of the classes can vary considerably.
Can Anybody do Pilates Classes in York?
Yes – Pilates can be tailored to your fitness level, no matter how unfit you may feel Pilates will help you and it is suitable for anybody of any fitness level. Pilates is especially useful if a person suffers from lower back pain or have back or joint issues. Because Pilates classes york is calming, and invigorating, many people with medical problems find it a terrific way to ease themselves towards a balanced and helpful exercise routine. Pilates is great for anyone who’s looking to create the perfect exercise and life-style programme.
“Pilates is appropriate for Men and Women”
Pilates Classes York Benefits:
- A great deal of toning routines
- Improve core strength
- Good for toning and shape
- Relieve back & joint pain
- Relaxation and stress management
- Improves your posture
Pilates Classes York is based around 6 key principles:
- Centering – Bringing focus towards the center of the body, centering our thought processes, feeling and emotions to cultivate awareness of the way in which our body is moving.
- Concentration – Concentrating on the quality of each individual movement, remaining in the present and being conscious of the overall movements our body is generating.
- Control – Each exercise is completed with complete muscle control, controlling every part of the body with centering as well as concentration.
- Precision – Growing the precision of our own movements helps by using centering, concentration and control – assisting in the fine control over core muscles, and resistance to injuries when doing other sports and activities.
- Breathing – Joseph Pilates emphasized using consistent breathing patterns in the exercises. Using the lungs to breath ‘laterally’ enabling the pelvic and core muscle groups to engage correctly when we move. Breathing is integral to Pilates.
- Flow – Flowing smooth movements, with precision and grace are the essence of Pilates, building up control and precision not only in single movements but through the exercise session.
Pilates Classes York for back pain
Many people ask me for ‘pilates exercises for back pain’. Pilates is wonderful for reducing and eliminating lower back pain, giving you a soft and injury free method of training and upping your core conditioning. Pilates is perfect if you suffer from lower back pain, back pain or sciatica pain like symptoms.
Pilates Classes York for back pain benefits:
- Relaxes tight muscles
- reduces sciatica like discomfort
- manages and resolves lower back pain
- reduces neck and shoulder ache
- Because this is a beginner Pilates course, it can also be considered ‘back pilates’ and is suitable if you suffer from a bad back.
Pilates York Special offer:
Claim your Special Offer Today
Pilates is suitable for toning, fitness, weight-loss* and back-pain help
10x1 hour lessons including a food diary for just £350 Plus bring a friend for free for all 10 sessions! Saving up to £130
Call Ben today on 01904 501533 or complete the form to claim this offer.
Complete this form to grab your offer