Pilates Classes near Towthorpe
Ben now focuses on 1-1 Pilates lessons in his Studio near Heworth
Call Ben on 01904 501533 for more information & a free consultation
Have you ever felt fatigued, flabby or less toned than you’d like to be? Getting in shape when we’re busy and tired is a massive challenge and many individuals struggle to overcome the demands of their work and personal lives, ending up overweight and unhappy.
Pilates Classes near Towthorpe can help! There are many sorts of fitness classes in York like dance classes, body-pump and outdoor boot-camps to consider and the options can be baffling.
The Background of Pilates
A lot of people want to try Pilates but regularly ask me ‘What is Pilates exactly?’ It’s founder – Joseph Pilates – was originally born in Germany in 1880, he was the son of a gymnast and naturopath. Joseph quickly became very interested in health from a very early age, learning about many forms of fitness as a young man including Body-Building, Zen, Yoga and Gymnastics and in addition he also posed for anatomical charts when he was a young man.
Joseph Pilates then moved to England in 1912 working as a Boxer and for Scotland Yard in the form of a self defence trainer. Still living in England when the First World War erupted, Pilates was sent to a Prisoner of War Camp on the Isle of Man due to being German. This is where his unique methods were born. Joeseph Pilates had time on his hands to develop his revolutionary methodologies during his internment, he spent his days developing a system of physical exercises and training his fellow inmates in the method which he named “Contrology”.
It is sometimes claimed so many who became injured or ill survived in the camp with Joseph Pilates because of their good physical shape, thanks to Joseph Pilates and following his Method. After the war Joseph Pilates moved back to Germany and collaborated with experts in Dance and Physical Exercise but he didn’t stay in Germany long as he refused to train members of the German Army, instead he emigrated to the USA. On the outbound journey he met Clara, who would be his future wife and help assist him in developing his method further. On their arrival in New York, Joe and Clara set up a studio to teach his methods that today are known as Pilates.
Pilates Classes York – Call Ben now to book in on 01904 501533
What are the advantages of Pilates?
Pilates is a style of unique and specific exercises developed by world famous fitness guru Joseph Pilates, with many health & fitness benefits. Pilates Classes York is:
- Moderate and very low impact
- Targets deep inner core muscle tissue
- Uses strength as well as resistance
- Emphasises core strength and stability
- Flowing and controlled
- Suitable for any kind of fitness (or unfitness!) level
Is a Pilates Classes York the solution you’re searching for ?
Pilates is the workout for the 21st century that can help us relax, sculpt and get on top of our fitness without risk of injuries. Created in the early 20th century by Joseph Pilates as a way of rehabilitating hurt soldiers and dancers, it has become the focal method of training for millions of individuals (particularly professional ballet dancers), and thousands of celebrities around the globe. It will help you develop a groundwork of well-being and fitness that amplifies all of the fitness activity you do giving you a well toned core, and decreasing the risk of injuries.
Can Anyone do Pilates Classes York?
Yes – Pilates can be tailored to your own fitness level, no matter how unfit you might feel Pilates will help you and it is suitable for anybody of virtually any fitness level. Pilates is especially useful if you suffer from lower back pain or suffer from back or joint issues. Because Pilates classes york is calming, and energizing, many people with medical problems find it a terrific way to ease themselves into a balanced and beneficial exercise routine. Pilates is great for anyone who’s looking to create the perfect exercise and lifestyle programme.
“Pilates is appropriate for Men and Women”
Pilates Classes York Advantages:
- Improves core strength
- Good for toning and shape
- Relieve back & joint discomfort
- Helps with relaxation and stress management
- Enhances your alignment and posture
Pilates Classes are based around 6 crucial principles:
- Centering – Bringing focus towards the center of your body, centering our thought processes, feeling and emotions to cultivate awareness of the way in which our body is moving.
- Concentration – Concentrating on the quality of each individual movement, remaining in the present and being conscious of the overall movements your body is generating.
- Control – Each movement is completed with complete muscle control, controlling all of the body with centering as well as concentration.
- Precision – Growing the precision of the movements helps by using centering, concentration and control – assisting in the fine control over core muscles, and resistance to injuries when doing other sports and pursuits.
- Breathing – Joseph Pilates highlighted using consistent breathing patterns in his exercises. Utilizing the lungs to breath ‘laterally’ enabling the pelvic and core muscles to engage properly when we move. Breathing is integral to Pilates.
- Flow – Flowing smooth movements, with precision and grace are the essence of Pilates, building up control and accuracy not only in individual movements but through the exercise session.
Pilates Classes York for lower back pain
Lots of people ask me for ‘pilates exercises for back pain’. Pilates is wonderful for reducing and eliminating lower back discomfort, giving you a gentle and injury free method of training and increasing your core strength. Pilates is perfect if you suffer from lumbar pain, back pain or sciatica pain like signs and symptoms.
Pilates Classes York for lower back pain benefits:
- Relax tight muscles
- decreases sciatica like pain
- manages and resolves low back pain
- reduces neck and shoulder ache
- Because this is a beginner Pilates course, it is also considered ‘back pilates’ and would work if you have problems with a bad back.
Can I try Pilates Classes York easily?
Claim your Special Offer Today
Pilates is suitable for toning, fitness, weight-loss* and back-pain help
10x1 hour lessons including a food diary for just £350 Plus bring a friend for free for all 10 sessions! Saving up to £130
Call Ben today on 01904 501533 or complete the form to claim this offer.
Complete this form to grab your offer
Pilates Classes York – Call Ben now to book in on 01904 501533