Pilates Classes in York near Heslington
Ben now focuses on 1-1 Pilates lessons in his Studio near Heworth
Call Ben on 01904 501533 for more information & a free consultation
Have you previously felt fatigued, flabby or less toned than you’d like to be? Getting in shape when we’re busy and tired is a massive challenge and many people struggle to get over the demands of their work and personal lives, ending up overweight and unsatisfied. Pilates Courses can easily help! There are many sorts of conditioning classes in York like dance classes, body-pump and open-air boot-camps to consider and the choices can be confusing.
The Background of Pilates
Lots of individuals want to sample Pilates but often ask me ‘What is Pilates exactly?’ It’s founder – Joseph Pilates – was originally born in Germany in 1880, the son of a gymnast and naturopath. Joseph quickly became very interested in health from a very early age, studying many types of fitness as a young man including Body-Building, Zen, Yoga and Gymnastics and in addition he also posed for anatomical charts when he was a young man.
Joseph Pilates then moved to England in 1912 working as a Boxer and for Scotland Yard in the form of a self defence trainer. Still living in England when the First World War erupted, Pilates was sent to a Prisoner of War Camp on the Isle of Man due to being German. This is where his unique methods were born. Joeseph Pilates had time on his hands to develop his revolutionary methodologies during his internment, he spent his days developing a system of physical exercises and training his fellow inmates in the method which he named “Contrology”.
It is sometimes claimed so many who became injured or ill survived in the camp with Joseph Pilates because of their good physical shape, thanks to Joseph Pilates and following his Method. After the war Joseph Pilates moved back to Germany and collaborated with experts in Dance and Physical Exercise but he didn’t stay in Germany long as he refused to train members of the German Army, instead he emmigrated to the USA. On the outbound journey he met Clara, who would be his future wife and help assist him in developing his method further. On their arrival in New York, Joe and Clara set up a studio to teach his methods that today are known as Pilates.
What are the benefits of Pilates Classes?
Pilates is a style of distinctive and specific exercises developed by world renowned fitness guru Joseph Pilates, with numerous health & fitness benefits.
Pilates Classes in York are:
- Gentle and very low impact
- Focuses on deep inner core muscles
- Uses strength as well as resistance
- Emphasises core strength and stability
- Smooth and controlled
- Appropriate for any kind of fitness (or unfitness!) level
Is a Pilates Classes York the solution you’re looking for ?
Pilates is the workout for the 21st century that can help us relax, sculpt and get on top of our fitness without risk of injuries. Created in the early 20th century by Joseph Pilates as a method of rehabilitating injured soldiers and dancers, it has grown to be the central method of training for millions of individuals (particularly professional ballet dancers), and thousands of celebrities around the world. It will help you develop a foundation of well-being and physical fitness that amplifies all of the other fitness activity you do giving you a well toned core, and decreasing the risk of injuries.
“Pilates classes York will help you to be lean and slim”
If you’re looking for group Pilates classes York can offer many different choices and it can be confusing to understand where to begin. It’s often difficult to say exactly what ‘kind’ of class you will be attending if there isn’t a description on the leaflet or website advertising it. If you have never Pilates classes York before, check that it’s a beginner Pilates class as the level of the classes can vary considerably.
Can Anyone do Pilates Classes?
Absolutely yes – Pilates can be customized to your fitness standard, no matter how out of shape you might feel Pilates will help you and is suitable for anyone of any fitness standard. Pilates is particularly useful if you suffer from back pain or have back or joint issues. Because Pilates classes york is relaxing, and invigorating, many individuals with medical problems find it a great way to ease themselves into a balanced and helpful exercise routine. Pilates is suitable for anyone who’s looking to create the perfect exercise and life-style programme.
“Pilates is suitable for Men and Women”
Pilates Classes York Benefits:
- Lots of toning routines
- Improve core strength
- Excellent for toning and shape
- Reduce back & joint pain
- Relaxation and stress management
- Enhances your posture
Pilates Classes York is predicated around 6 crucial principles:
- Centering – Bringing focus to the center of the body, centering our thought processes, feeling and emotions to develop awareness of the way in which our body is moving.
- Concentration – Focusing on the quality of every individual movement, remaining in the present moment and being conscious of the overall movements your body is generating.
- Control – Each movement is carried out with complete muscular control, controlling all of the body with centering as well as concentration.
- Precision – Developing the precision of the movements helps by utilizing centering, concentration and control – assisting in the fine control of core muscles, and resistance to injuries when doing other sports and activities.
- Breathing – Joseph Pilates emphasized using constant breathing patterns in his exercises. Utilizing the lungs to inhale ‘laterally’ allowing the pelvic and core muscle groups to engage correctly when we move. Breathing is integral to Pilates.
- Flow – Flowing smooth actions, with precision and grace are definitely the essence of Pilates, increasing control and accuracy not only in individual movements but through the exercise session.
Pilates Classes York for lower back pain
Many people ask me for ‘pilates exercises for back pain’. Pilates is fantastic for reducing and eliminating lower back pain, giving you a gentle and injury free method of training and increasing your core strength. Pilates is perfect if you suffer from lumbar pain, back pain or sciatica like signs and symptoms.
Pilates Classes York for lower back pain benefits:
- Relax tight muscles
- reduces sciatica like discomfort
- manages and resolves low back pain
- solves neck and shoulder pain
- Since this is a beginner Pilates course, it is also considered ‘back pilates’ and would work if you have problems with a bad back
Am I able to try Pilates Classes? Fill in this form to claim your special offer:
Claim your Special Offer Today
Pilates is suitable for toning, fitness, weight-loss* and back-pain help
10x1 hour lessons including a food diary for just £350 Plus bring a friend for free for all 10 sessions! Saving up to £130
Call Ben today on 01904 501533 or complete the form to claim this offer.
Complete this form to grab your offer
Pilates Classes in York near Heslington – Call Ben now to book in on 01904 501533