Pilates Classes in York near Fulford for Beginners
Ben now focuses on 1-1 Pilates lessons in his Studio near Heworth
Call Ben on 01904 501533 for more information & a free consultation
The History of Joseph Pilates
A lot of individuals want to try Pilates but regularly ask me ‘What is Pilates?’ It’s creator – Joseph Pilates – was born in Germany in 1880, he was the son of a gymnast and naturopath. Joseph quickly became very interested in fitness from an early age, learning about many forms of fitness as a adolescent including Body-Building, Zen, Yoga and Gymnastics and he also posed for anatomy charts when he was a young man.
Joseph Pilates then moved to England in 1912 working as a Boxer and for Scotland Yard in the form of a self defence trainer. Still living in England when the First World War erupted, Pilates was sent to a Prisoner of War Camp on the Isle of Man due to being German. This is where his unique methods were born. Joeseph Pilates had time on his hands to develop his revolutionary methodologies during his internment, he spent his days developing a system of physical exercises and training his fellow inmates in the method which he named “Contrology”.
It is sometimes claimed so many who became injured or ill survived in the camp with Joseph Pilates because of their good physical shape, thanks to Joseph Pilates and following his Method. After the war Joseph Pilates moved back to Germany and collaborated with experts in Dance and Physical Exercise but he didn’t stay in Germany long as he refused to train members of the German Army, instead he emigrated to the USA. On the outbound journey he met Clara, who would be his future wife and help assist him in developing his method further. On their arrival in New York, Joe and Clara set up a studio to teach his methods that today are known as Pilates.
Can Anybody do Pilates Classes?
Yes – Pilates can be customized to your fitness level, no matter how unfit you may feel Pilates will help you and is suitable for anyone of virtually any fitness level. Pilates is particularly useful if you suffer from back pain or suffer from back or joint issues.
Because Pilates classes are calming, and invigorating, many individuals with medical problems find it a great way to ease themselves towards a balanced and helpful exercise routine. Pilates is great for anyone who is looking to create the ideal exercise and lifestyle programme.
Call Ben on 01904 501533 for more information on Pilates & a free consultation
“Pilates is suitable for those with back issues”
Pilates Classes York Benefits:
- A great deal of toning routines
- Enhance core strength
- Excellent for toning and shape
- Reduce back & joint discomfort
- Relaxation and stress management
- Enhances your alignment
Pilates Classes York is based around 6 key principles:
- Centering – Bringing focus towards the center of the body, centering our thought processes, feeling and emotions to develop awareness of the way our body is moving.
- Concentration – Focusing on the quality of each individual movement, staying in the present and being aware of the overall movements your body is generating.
- Control – Each movement is carried out with complete muscle control, controlling all of the body with centering as well as concentration.
- Precision – Developing the precision of our own movements helps by using centering, concentration and control – assisting in the fine control over core muscles, and resistance to injuries when doing other sports and activities.
- Breathing – Joseph Pilates emphasized using consistent breathing patterns in the exercises. Using the lungs to inhale ‘laterally’ allowing the pelvic and core muscle groups to engage correctly when we move. Breathing is essential to Pilates.
- Flow – Flowing smooth movements, with precision and grace are definitely the essence of Pilates, increasing control and accuracy not only in individual movements but throughout the exercise session.
Pilates Classes York for back pain benefits:
- Relax tight muscles
- decreases sciatica like pain
- manages and resolves lower back pain
- solves neck and shoulder pain
- Because this is a beginner Pilates course, it is also considered ‘back pilates’ and is suitable if you have problems with a bad back.
Claim your Pilates in York Special offer:
Claim your Special Offer Today
Pilates is suitable for toning, fitness, weight-loss* and back-pain help
10x1 hour lessons including a food diary for just £350 Plus bring a friend for free for all 10 sessions! Saving up to £130
Call Ben today on 01904 501533 or complete the form to claim this offer.
Complete this form to grab your offer
Pilates Classes in York near Fulford – Call Ben now to book in on 01904 501533