Pilates Classes in York near Dunnington
Ben now focuses on 1-1 Pilates lessons in his Studio near Heworth
Call Ben on 01904 501533 for more information & a free consultation
How can Pilates help?
Pilates is a style of unique and specific exercises created by world famous fitness expert Joseph Pilates, with numerous health & fitness advantages.
Pilates Classes in York are:
- Gentle and very low impact
- Targets deep inner core muscles
- Utilizes strength as well as resistance
- Emphasises core strength and balance
- Flowing and controlled
- Appropriate for any fitness (or unfitness!) level
The History of Joseph Pilates
A lot of people want to sample Pilates but regularly ask me ‘What is Pilates?’ It’s founder – Joseph Pilates – was originally born in Germany in 1880, he was the son of a gymnast and naturopath. Joseph quickly became very interested in fitness from a very early age, learning about many types of fitness as a adolescent including Body-Building, Zen, Yoga and Gymnastics and in addition he also posed for anatomical charts when he was a young man.
Joseph Pilates then moved to England in 1912 working as a Boxer and for Scotland Yard in the form of a self defence trainer. Still living in England when the First World War erupted, Pilates was sent to a Prisoner of War Camp on the Isle of Man due to being German. This is where his unique methods were born. Joeseph Pilates had time on his hands to develop his revolutionary methodologies during his internment, he spent his days developing a system of physical exercises and training his fellow inmates in the method which he named “Contrology”.
It is sometimes claimed so many who became injured or ill survived in the camp with Joseph Pilates because of their good physical shape, thanks to Joseph Pilates and following his Method. After the war Joseph Pilates moved back to Germany and collaborated with experts in Dance and Physical Exercise but he didn’t stay in Germany long as he refused to train members of the German Army, instead he emmigrated to the USA. On the outbound journey he met Clara, who would be his future wife and help assist him in developing his method further. On their arrival in New York, Joe and Clara set up a studio to teach his methods that today are known as Pilates.
Can Anybody do Pilates Classes?
Yes! Pilates can be customized to your own fitness standard, no matter how unfit you may feel Pilates can help you and it is suitable for anyone of virtually any fitness standard. Pilates is especially useful if you suffer from back pain or have back or joint issues. Because Pilates classes york is calming, and invigorating, many individuals with medical problems find it a great way to ease themselves into a balanced and helpful exercise programme. Pilates is great for anyone who is looking to create the perfect exercise and lifestyle programme.
“Pilates is appropriate for Men and Women”
Pilates Classes York is predicated around 6 crucial principles:
- Centering – Bringing focus towards the center of your body, centering our thought processes, feeling and emotions to cultivate awareness of the way in which our body is moving.
- Concentration – Concentrating on the quality of every individual movement, remaining in the present moment and being aware of the overall movements your body is generating.
- Control – Each exercise is completed with complete muscular control, controlling all of the body with centering as well as concentration.
- Precision – Developing the precision of the movements helps by using centering, concentration and control – assisting in the fine control over core muscles, and resistance to injuries when doing other sports and pursuits.
- Breathing – Joseph Pilates highlighted using consistent breathing patterns in his exercises. Using the lungs to breath ‘laterally’ allowing the pelvic and core muscle groups to engage properly when we move. Breathing is essential to Pilates.
- Flow – Flowing smooth actions, with precision and grace are definitely the essence of Pilates, building up control and accuracy not only in individual movements but throughout the exercise session.
Pilates Classes York for lower back pain benefits:
- Relaxes tight muscles
- decreases sciatica like pain
- manages and resolves low back pain
- solves neck and shoulder ache
- Because this is a beginner Pilates course, it can also be considered ‘back pilates’ and is suitable if you have problems with a bad back.
Fill in this form to Claim your Pilates York special offer:
Claim your Special Offer Today
Pilates is suitable for toning, fitness, weight-loss* and back-pain help
10x1 hour lessons including a food diary for just £350 Plus bring a friend for free for all 10 sessions! Saving up to £130
Call Ben today on 01904 501533 or complete the form to claim this offer.
Complete this form to grab your offer
Pilates Classes York near Dunnington – Call Ben today to book in on 01904 501533