Pilates Classes in York near Heworth
Ben now focuses on 1-1 Pilates lessons in his Studio near Heworth
Call Ben on 01904 501533 for more information & a free consultation
Have you ever felt fatigued, flabby or less attractive than you’d like to be? Getting in shape when we’re hectic and worn out is a huge challenge and many individuals struggle to get over the demands of their work and personal lives, ending up overweight and unsatisfied. Pilates classes can help – There are many kinds of fitness classes in York such as dance classes, body-pump and outdoor boot-camps to consider and the options can be baffling.
Pilates Classes York are a great way to tone, shape and enhance your core strength whilst learning how to prevent injury and look fantastic. Checking out your local pilates classes might be a great move, and help you acquire those ‘Obama’ arms and ‘Pippa’ bum.
The History of Pilates
A lot of individuals want to sample Pilates but often ask me ‘What is Pilates exactly?’ It’s founder – Joseph Pilates – was born in Germany in 1880, he was the son of a gymnast and naturopath. Joseph soon became very interested in health from an early age, studying many types of fitness as a young man including Body-Building, Zen, Yoga and Gymnastics and in addition he also posed for anatomical charts when he was a teenager.
Joseph Pilates then moved to England in 1912 working as a Boxer and for Scotland Yard in the form of a self defence trainer. Still living in England when the First World War erupted, Pilates was sent to a Prisoner of War Camp on the Isle of Man due to being German. This is where his unique methods were born. Joeseph Pilates had time on his hands to develop his revolutionary methodologies during his internment, he spent his days developing a system of physical exercises and training his fellow inmates in the method which he named “Contrology”.
It is sometimes claimed so many who became injured or ill survived in the camp with Joseph Pilates because of their good physical shape, thanks to Joseph Pilates and following his Method. After the war Joseph Pilates moved back to Germany and collaborated with experts in Dance and Physical Exercise but he didn’t stay in Germany long as he refused to train members of the German Army, instead he emmigrated to the USA. On the outbound journey he met Clara, who would be his future wife and help assist him in developing his method further. On their arrival in New York, Joe and Clara set up a studio to teach his methods that today are known as Pilates.
What are the advantages of doing Pilates Classes?
Pilates is a style of distinctive and exact exercises developed by world famous fitness expert Joseph Pilates, with many health & fitness benefits.
Pilates Classes in York are:
- Gentle and low impact
- Targets deep inner core muscle tissue
- Utilizes strength as well as resistance
- Emphasises core strength and stability
- Flowing and controlled
- Appropriate for any kind of fitness (or unfitness!) level
Is a Pilates Classes York the answer you’re looking for ?
Pilates is the workout for the 21st century that will help us relax, tone and get on top of our fitness without risk of injury. Created in the early 20th century by Joseph Pilates as a method of rehabilitating injured soldiers and dancers, it has become the focal method of training for millions of individuals (particularly professional dancers), and thousands of celebrities all around the world. It can help you develop a groundwork of well-being and physical fitness that amplifies all of the other fitness training you do giving you a toned core, and reducing the risk of injury.
“Pilates classes York will help you to be lean and slender”
If you’re looking for group Pilates classes York can have many different choices and it could be confusing to know where to begin. It’s often difficult to say what ‘kind’ of class you’ll be attending if there isn’t a description on the leaflet or website advertising them. If you haven’t done Pilates classes York before, check that it’s a beginner Pilates class as the exact level of the classes can vary substantially.
Can Anybody do Pilates Classes York?
Absolutely yes – Pilates can be customized to your fitness standard, no matter how unfit you might feel Pilates will help you and is suitable for anybody of virtually any fitness standard. Pilates is especially useful if a person suffers from lower back pain or have back or joint issues. Because Pilates classes york is relaxing, and energizing, many individuals with medical problems find it a great way to ease themselves into a balanced and helpful exercise programme. Pilates is suitable for anyone who’s looking to create the perfect exercise and lifestyle programme.
“Pilates is suitable for Men and Women”
Pilates Classes York Advantages:
- Lots of toning routines
- Enhance core strength
- Good for toning and shape
- Relieve back & joint discomfort
- Relaxation and stress management
- Improves your posture
Pilates Classes York is based around 6 key principles:
- Centering – Bringing focus to the center of your body, centering our thought processes, feeling and emotions to cultivate awareness of the way in which our body is moving.
- Concentration – Concentrating on the quality of every individual movement, remaining in the present and being aware of the overall movements our body is generating.
- Control – Each exercise is carried out with complete muscle control, controlling every part of the body with centering as well as concentration.
- Precision – Growing the precision of the movements helps by utilizing centering, concentration and control – helping with the fine control over core muscles, and resistance to injuries when performing other sports and activities.
- Breathing – Joseph Pilates emphasized using consistent breathing patterns in the exercises. Using the lungs to inhale ‘laterally’ allowing the pelvic and core muscle groups to engage properly when we move. Breathing is integral to Pilates.
- Flow – Flowing smooth movements, with precision and grace are the essence of Pilates, increasing control and accuracy not only in individual movements but through the exercise session.
Fill in this form to claim your Pilates special offer today:
Claim your Special Offer Today
Pilates is suitable for toning, fitness, weight-loss* and back-pain help
10x1 hour lessons including a food diary for just £350 Plus bring a friend for free for all 10 sessions! Saving up to £130
Call Ben today on 01904 501533 or complete the form to claim this offer.
Complete this form to grab your offer
Pilates Classes York near Heworth – Call Ben today to book in on 01904 501533