Pilates Classes in York near Askham Richard
Ben now focuses on 1-1 Pilates lessons in his Studio near Heworth
Call Ben on 01904 501533 for more information & a free consultation
The Background of Pilates
Lots of people want to try Pilates but regularly ask me ‘What is Pilates exactly?’ It’s founder – Joseph Pilates – was originally born in Germany in 1880, the son of a gymnast and naturopath. Joseph quickly became very interested in health from an early age, learning about many forms of fitness as a young man including Body-Building, Zen, Yoga and Gymnastics and in addition he also posed for anatomical charts when he was a young man.
Joseph Pilates then moved to England in 1912 working as a Boxer and for Scotland Yard in the form of a self-defence trainer. Still living in England when the First World War erupted, Pilates was sent to a Prisoner of War Camp on the Isle of Man due to being German. This is where his unique methods were born. Joeseph Pilates had time on his hands to develop his revolutionary methodologies during his internment, he spent his days developing a system of physical exercises and training his fellow inmates in the method which he named “Contrology”.
It is sometimes claimed so many who became injured or ill survived in the camp with Joseph Pilates because of their good physical shape, thanks to Joseph Pilates and following his Method. After the war, Joseph Pilates moved back to Germany and collaborated with experts in Dance and Physical Exercise but he didn’t stay in Germany long as he refused to train members of the German Army, instead he emigrated to the USA. On the outbound journey, he met Clara, who would be his future wife and help assist him in developing his method further. On their arrival in New York, Joe and Clara set up a studio to teach his methods that today are known as Pilates.
What are the benefits of doing a Pilates Classes York course?
Pilates is a style of distinctive and specific exercises developed by world-famous fitness guru Joseph Pilates, with many health & fitness benefits. Pilates Classes York is:
- Gentle and very low impact
- Targets deep inner core muscle tissue
- Uses strength and resistance
- Emphasises core strength and stability
- Flowing and controlled
- Appropriate for any kind of fitness (or unfitness!) level
Is a Pilates the answer you’re looking for?
Pilates is the exercise for the 21st century that can help all of us relax, tone and masters our fitness with no risk of injury. Created in the early 20th century by Joseph Pilates as a way of rehabilitating hurt soldiers and dancers, it has become the focal method of training for millions of individuals (particularly professional ballet dancers) and thousands of celebrities around the globe. It can help you develop a foundation of well-being and fitness that amplifies all of the fitness training you do give you a well-toned core, and reducing the risk of injury.
Pilates Classes in York near Askham Richard – Call Ben now to book in on 01904 501533
“Pilates classes York can help you to be lean and slim”
If you’re looking for group Pilates classes York can have many different choices and it could be confusing to understand where to start. It’s often hard to say exactly what ‘kind’ of class you’ll be attending if there is no description on the leaflet or website advertising them. If you haven’t done Pilates classes York before, check that it’s a beginner Pilates class as the level of the classes can vary substantially.
Can Anyone do Pilates Classes York?
Yes – Pilates can be customized to your own fitness level, no matter how unfit you might feel Pilates can help you and is suitable for anyone of virtually any fitness level. Pilates is particularly useful if you suffer from lower back pain or have back or joint problems. Because Pilates classes york is calming, and energizing, many people with medical conditions find it a terrific way to ease themselves into a balanced and beneficial exercise routine. Pilates is suitable for anyone who is looking to create the perfect exercise and lifestyle programme.
“Pilates is great for both for Men and Women”
Pilates Classes York Advantages:
- A great range of toning exercises
- Enhances core strength
- Good for toning and shape
- Relieves back & joint discomfort
- Relaxation and stress management
- Improves your posture
Pilates Classes York is predicated on 6 crucial principles:
- Centering – Bringing focus towards the centre of the body, centring our thoughts, feeling and emotions to cultivate awareness of the way in which our body is moving.
- Concentration – Concentrating on the quality of each individual movement, remaining in the present moment and being aware of the overall movements our body is generating.
- Control – Each movement is carried out with complete muscular control, controlling all of the body with centring as well as concentration.
- Precision – Growing the precision of the movements helps by using centring, concentration and control – helping with the fine control of core muscles, and resistance to injuries when doing other sports and pursuits.
- Breathing – Joseph Pilates highlighted using constant breathing patterns in his exercises. Using the lungs to breath ‘laterally’ enabling the pelvic and core muscle groups to engage properly when we move. Breathing is integral to Pilates.
- Flow – Flowing smooth movements, with precision and grace are definitely the essence of Pilates, building up control and accuracy not only in individual movements but through the exercise session.
Pilates Classes York for lower back pain
Many people ask me for ‘pilates exercises for lower back pain’. Pilates is fantastic for reducing and eliminating lower back discomfort, giving you a gentle and injury-free method of training and upping your core conditioning. Pilates is ideal if you suffer from lumbar pain, back pain or sciatica-like symptoms.
Pilates Classes York for back pain benefits:
- Relaxes tight muscles
- reduces sciatica like discomfort
- manages and resolves lower back pain
- solves neck and shoulder pain
- Because this is a beginner Pilates course, it is also considered ‘back pilates’ and would work if you suffer from a bad back.
Fill in this form to claim your Pilates special offer:
Claim your Special Offer Today
Pilates is suitable for toning, fitness, weight-loss* and back-pain help
10x1 hour lessons including a food diary for just £350 Plus bring a friend for free for all 10 sessions! Saving up to £130
Call Ben today on 01904 501533 or complete the form to claim this offer.
Complete this form to grab your offer
Pilates Classes in York near Askham Richard – Call Ben now to book in on 01904 501533.